2025 BECE placement

Hundreds of parents and their children gathered at the Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) Hall in Accra on Tuesday, September 23, 2025, to raise concerns over the 2025 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) placement exercise.

The parents, many of whom were accompanied by their wards, complained about challenges such as wrong school placements, difficulties accessing schools of choice, and lack of clear information. Long queues and delays further heightened frustrations, leaving many uncertain about their children’s academic future.

Some reported that their wards had been assigned to schools far from their preferred locations, while others said their children had not been placed despite meeting the required grades.

A parent, Daniel Lartey, said his son had been placed at St. Fidelis SHS, a school he was unfamiliar with. He added that the family preferred a nearby day school but expressed doubt about receiving assistance due to the slow pace of the process.

Several parents also criticised the Computerised School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS), alleging errors that disadvantaged their wards and calling for greater transparency and accountability in the placement system

By Randy Osei Akoto

A content creator, writer, blogger and digital marketer currently the Editor and writer at citixenrandy.com. Believes in hard work and keeps up with latest trending stories making rounds across the globe in all aspects, from politics, sports, entertainment, health, business etc

Leave a Reply